Terms & Conditions
Updated on, 19 November 2021.
This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there pertaining to electronic records as applicable and amended. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of the Website and associated Services (as defined below) is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions including the applicable policies which are incorporated herein by way of reference and as amended from time to time (the "Terms and conditions").
ACCESSING, BROWSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND APP INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS herein, SO PLEASE READ THE TERMS and conditions CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. By impliedly or expressly accepting these Terms and Conditions of use of the website, You also accept and agree that you have read, understood and are bound by these Terms and conditions, regardless of how you/Sthal member subscribe to or use the Services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Website or the STHAL Services.
In these Terms, references to "You" or "User" or "Sthal member" shall mean the end user accessing the Website/Sthal services, its contents or using the Sthal Services offered. "STHAL Services" means a collective reference to the Sthal Matrimony service provided by sthalmatrimony.com, a product of the parent company- Inscomont Services, under the provisions of companies act, 2013 and having its registered office at A-105,Nisarg Alliance, Choudhary Park, Wakad, Pune- 411057 (Maharashtra).
Sthal Matrimony [STHAL] acts as a platform to enable any user to themselves register on it (by filling the mandatory fields and optional fields, if any) to voluntarily search for profile(s) from the database of STHAL’s already registered users, for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves.STHAL retail store may also be able to assist you to create your profile, however, you must have a valid/operational mobile phone number and an email id.
The profiles in the database of STHAL are classified broadly on the basis of language and region for the ease and convenience of its members/customers.
STHAL Members are provided with free/paid access for searching profiles from the database of STHAL, as per the partner preference set by you(on the Website/Applications - App) and you shortlist the prospective alliances yourself.
STHAL Membership is guided by the terms and conditions mentioned herein below. By using or accessing the STHALServices, you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions ("Agreement"):
STHAL does not authenticate any information of any profile and hence you as a user need to verify the credentials and information provided by other users.
1. Eligibility :
A) STHAL Membership and rights of admission are reserved solely for :
- Indian Nationals & Citizens.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- Persons of Indian Descent or Indian Heritage
- Persons who intend to marry persons of Indian Origin.
B) Further in capacity as STHAL member, you confirm that you are :
- 18 years or above (if you are a woman) or 21 years or above (if you are a man);
- Legally competent to marry as per the law applicable to you (however you may register on our website/App by stating "Awaiting Divorce"), and
- Not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force from entering into a valid marriage.
A. We expect that you would complete the online registration process with fairness and honesty while furnishing your personal information to STHAL. You would appreciate that efficient and effective match making through our automated system depends upon yourself furnishing true, accurate, current, complete information and photos etc. We expect you to read the relevant column before keying in the details or selecting the option available or uploading the photo. You are requested not to key in details of the profile in field other than the applicable field (including mentioning id's of other platforms/websites/App or repeating your details in other fields, after filling them once in the relevant fields or other photographs. You further undertake that you alone shall be responsible or liable for any information provided to STHAL. In order to serve you better if STHAL requires additional details, you agree to provide it. STHAL shall reproduce the registered member details on "as is as available" basis to other registered members, and STHAL members shall be solely liable for the information given by such STHAL members. You may also give a call to any of our mentioned phone numbers to assist you in getting your profile registered on our website/App. Further, you may fill in your email id and phone number in any of our registration campaigns appearing in various websites as part of our advertisements, basis which you may receive calls from our Customer Service Center and assist you in getting your profile registered on our website/App. STHAL may also reproduce your profile information in other consortia of websites owned by to provide better prospects to you.
B. If at any point of time STHAL comes to know or is so informed by the third party or has reasons to believe that any information provided by you for registration (including photos) or otherwise is found to be untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete then STHAL shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) your STHAL membership and forfeit any amount paid by you towards STHAL membership fee and refuse to provide STHAL service to you thereafter.
C. STHAL also reserves the right to block the registration of your profile on Website/App, if any, in the case of your contact details/links being entered in irrelevant fields or if there are errors in any data entered by the STHAL members in their profile.
D. Registration of duplicate profiles of the same person is not allowed in STHAL Website/App. STHAL shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) such duplicate profile.
E. STHAL Membership is restricted strictly to the registered STHAL individual member only. Organizations, companies, businesses and/or individuals carrying on the similar or competitive business cannot become Members of STHAL and nor use the STHAL Service or STHAL members data for any commercial purpose, and STHAL reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action for breach of the obligation.
User Verification Process: Mobile Number | Email ID | Government ID
- We verify each & every user’s mobile number by using OTP authentication. While registering on Sthal matrimony mobile app we ask for the mobile number & OTP to authenticate the user.
- We verify the email ID of users who have mentioned in the contact details. A verification URL is sent to users on their email to verify the user.
We verify the government id of every user who registers on the platform. Without government id verification users' profiles will not be approved from the system.
Features & Services:
From time to time, Sthal may offer products and services for purchase (“in-app purchases”) through various payment platforms authorized by Sthal. If you choose to make an in-app purchase, you will be prompted to confirm your purchase with the applicable payment provider, and your method of payment (be it your card or a third party account such as Google Pay, Paytm, etc.) will be charged for the in-app purchase at the prices displayed to you for the service(s) you've selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments, and you authorize Sthal or the third - party account, as applicable, to charge you.
1. Privacy Features:
- Sthal understands and respects the privacy of its users. We provide the option to every user, at the time of registration to keep their contact number hidden if they choose to.
- Other users can contact you or chat with you, only if you choose to accept their request.
2. Preference Features:
- Sthal provides a platform to search for a life partner according to your expectations. For that, we provide a detailed expectation form and in return our automated system offers the best matching profiles.
- To make profile searching experience more user friendly, Sthal offers an extensive filter option.
- Setting the filter precisely as per user’s need will show all matching profiles in the exclusive section, Matches.
- While browsing the large number of profiles users might want to keep selective profiles easily accessible for future reference. Sthal provides an option in profile view to Shortlist the profile and after doing so, it will appear in an exclusive section named “Shortlisted”.
3. Communication features:
- Sthal users having purchased the “Contact View” package, can access the contact details of their selected profiles.
- Users, who are interested in profiles with hidden contact details, may express their interest in such profiles. Those profiles will be notified and if they choose to accept your request they will share their contact details with you.
- Users, who have purchased the service of “Chat Requests”, are allowed to send requests to other users for in-app chatting.
- Users, who wish to increase their profile view by other users, can purchase the service for “Boost Profile”. Our high tech algorithm will make sure that this profile would be visible to maximum numbers of matching profiles for next 24 hours.
4. Protective Features:
- Sthal is obliged to serve as per the wish of our user. So, when a user needs a break from searching his match, he can deactivate his profile from setting, by just one click. And, when he/she is ready, the profile can be activated again in the same way.
- Sthal respects the “right to choose” of our users. So, all our users have complete freedom whether to accept or decline requests they may have received from other users.
- Users can report the user, whom they think might have obligated their personal space and privacy by any means.
- Users can block the user, whom they think might be making them feel uncomfortable or not matching the expectations.
3. Role and Responsibility of STHAL
- STHAL is an endeavour to help you find your dream life partner (prospect) through the process of automated searching, shortlisting and contacting prospects amongst our registered members.
- STHAL reproduces your details once you register on our website /App on "as is as available" basis and also shares your profile with other registered STHAL members within our consortium of website(s).
- STHAL's obligation is only to provide an interface to its registered members to search their prospect themselves without any assistance from third party/persons from amongst the other registered members of the Website/App. You agree that the system generated search results of STHAL are only of the profiles registered members on the Website/App.
- STHAL's automated system offers matchmaking profiles between its registered members based on the partner preference set by each such STHAL member.
- The search conducted by any STHAL member and the results thereof is automatically generated, and based on the partner preference set by you. In the event a STHAL member changes their partner preference on the Website/App, then the automated system generated prospect results of the Website/App may also undergo corresponding change.
- STHAL cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results from the use of the data available from the STHAL service or the consortium of websites/portal.
- The STHAL members agree and understand that STHAL may also allow third parties to provide STHAL members services on the website like horoscope matching etc., and STHAL may also collect the payment for such third party services to you.
- STHAL shall safeguard sensitive user information using authentication mechanisms, access controls and encryption techniques.
- STHAL cannot guarantee the complete protection of user data while it is in transit or prevent any tampering of the data by a third party with malicious intent before the data reaches the STHAL servers
- STHAL's obligation is only to provide an interface to its registered members to search their prospect themselves without any assistance from third party/persons from amongst the other registered members of the Website/App. STHAL cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the communication failure between the users.
4. Role and Responsibility of STHAL Member
- To protect the broader interest of the registered STHAL member and increase the efficiency, STHAL members ensure to keep their username and password/OTP safe and confidential for using the STHAL services.
- Any additional information/data required by STHAL for using the STHAL services shall be provided by the STHAL Member, as and when so sought by STHAL.
- In case partner preference is modified by a STHAL member, then the automated system generated prospect search results in the website/app may also undergo corresponding changes.
- STHAL members are requested to exercise due care and caution while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before making a choice of your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. STHAL shall not be liable for short coming due to any misrepresentations made by any of its STHAL members.
- STHAL Members are expected to verify the credentials of the prospect such as family status, marital status, educational qualifications, financial status, occupation, character, health status, etc.
- To get better search results, STHAL Members are expected to provide the latest photograph which should not be more than 3 months old. Providing old photographs/ photographs of others, inaccurate or false information shall be treated as violation of terms and conditions and STHAL shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- STHAL members are expected to disclose their health records during profile enrollment which includes any pre-existing illness, physical disability etc. Non - disclosure at the time of enrollment shall be treated as violation of the terms and conditions and STHAL shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- H. STHAL Members are expected to refrain from :
- Entering into any financial transactions with prospect.
- Sharing of confidential and personal data with each other but not limited to sharing of bank details, etc.
- violating any law for the time being in force.
- From mentioning details of other matrimonial services while sending personalized messages.
- STHAL Members are expected to be cautious of prospects who ask for favours, money etc or call from multiple phone numbers, only interact over phone, don't come forward for face to face meetings (physically or through video calls) and don’t involve family and friends in matchmaking. Beware of suspended profiles status before you finalize an alliance with the prospect.
- The STHAL members agree that for getting effective search results of prospects on Website/App you will regularly login to the profile maintained in the Website/App and send an expression of interest which is an automated message to prospects as a free STHAL member, and in the event, you have availed paid STHAL package, you can send personalized messages to prospects to show your expression of interest/replies. STHAL members also may review the expression of interest sent to you /read the messages sent to you by prospects and may respond suitably.
- You also agree that while accessing/using the Website/App, you will be guided by the terms and conditions of the Website/App including but not limited to the use of a feature of website/App like chat instantly with a prospect, viewing horoscope of prospects, enhancing privacy settings (photo/ horoscope/phone number) or for viewing the social and professional profile of members on their Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- STHAL members shall not assign or transfer your STHAL membership to any other person or entity, and such an act shall be treated as violation of terms and conditions and STHAL shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- If the STHAL Member fails to inform STHAL, about any change in the particulars furnished by STHAL member to other STHAL member, then the STHAL membership may be suspended by STHAL at its sole discretion
- STHAL Members agree to use secure devices, software and networks for accessing the STHAL services.
- STHAL Members shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of the STHAL Website/App or any network connected to the Website/App nor breach the security measures instituted by STHAL.
5. Interactions With Other Users
Though STHAL strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features like the Chat that only allows users to communicate if they have both indicated interest in one another, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. Also, you agree to review and follow STHAL’s Safety Tips before using the Service. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or otherwise send money, to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT STHAL DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. STHAL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS.
6. Customer Care / Customer Service
In the event you come across any concerns in our service, then please be free to contact us:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No : +91 7666904146 / +91 8956061902
Address : 2nd Floor, Royal Empress, Baner Road, Near Prabhavee Tech Park, Veerbhadra Nagar, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra 411045.
7. The medium of Communication to STHAL Members
- STHAL member hereby consents for receiving communication including promotional communications through any medium of communications such as Emails and /or SMS/Calls from consortium of portals owned by or their alliance partners.
- STHAL may contact the STHAL member through any of the above media to share the profile of the prospect by way of internal messages/links. A STHAL member confirms that the mobile number to it for verification or alternative number if any provided, is not registered with the Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register and they shall not initiate any complaint. STHAL Member further confirms that even if STHAL Member is registered with the telecom service provider under the category Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register the calls from STHAL either to the verified mobile number or alternative number if any provided shall not be treated as promotional calls.
- You are also entitled to set up your communications frequency from STHAL, like - only on weekends or fortnightly etc. You may also opt for not getting any call from STHAL by ticking the appropriate box in the Website/App, provided that you agree to receive calls from the Relationship Manager of Personalised Matrimony/Prime Matrimony for contacting you as a shortlisted profile for their registered members.
- STHAL has reasonable processes and system in place to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information other than those meant for sharing with the prospect furnished by STHAL members and STHAL may at its sole discretion and cost take bonafide steps for maintaining the confidentiality of the information in compliance with applicable law. However, STHAL/STHAL members may divulge such information if required by law.
- Any feedback you provide to STHAL shall be deemed to be non-confidential. STHAL shall be free to use such feedback/information on an unrestricted basis. Further, by the feedback, you represent and warrant that (i) your feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information of yourself or third parties; (ii) STHAL member is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, concerning the feedback; (iii) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from STHAL for the feedback under any circumstances.
- You agree that STHAL has all the right to process your data through the automated process to serve you with suitable profiles (based on your set partner preference) from STHAL or its consortium of websites and may also send you communication in this regard.
9. Privacy of Membership
- STHAL has taken reasonable steps to protect the STHAL member's privacy and shall take all reasonable efforts to protect any personal data provided to us through reasonable security safeguards against such risks as loss or unauthorized use, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data etc.
- Although we will strive to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, any information transacted over the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. You also agree that copying the data by using technology or any other new methods of data misuse/theft cannot be secured by STHAL and that STHAL will have no liability for any such act. A STHAL member understands and agrees that STHAL will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. You also agree to keep your username and password confidential, to avoid any misuse of your profile at our Website/App.
- You agree that, when you use third-party services through Website/App, you hereby grant STHAL the right to share your information needed for providing such third party services to you or with processing your information for office use of STHAL/its payment gateway and/or such third-party service providers.
10. Grievance Officer
In the event, you come across any violation by another user including but not limited to having content in the web site that is obscene, menacing, grossly offensive, harming minors, infringing copyright, patents, etc., or another user is impersonating etc. you may then please be free to provide your concerns in writing or email us with a digital signature to email@example.com
The Grievance officer shall be available between 10 am till 6 pm Indian Standard Time from Monday to Saturday excluding Sunday and public holidays in India. The Grievance officer is appointed as per Rule 3 (11) of The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011. All complaints to the Grievance Officer shall be in writing
The Grievance Officer shall handle complaints about the following violation by the User of computer resource as the User is not entitled to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Website/App that -
- belongs to another person and to which the User does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
11. Disputes between Members
- You and the prospect are both registered STHAL members and are bound by these terms and conditions. We request you to follow the guidelines of safe matrimony and give truthful information about yourself on the Website/App to avoid dispute between you and the prospect.
- STHAL is not a broker or the agent of any STHAL member, and STHAL does not partake in the exchange of any kind of discussion between the STHAL members and prospects or the results of their discussion.
- STHAL members are solely responsible for the communications (through any medium) with a prospect or vice versa. STHAL expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any transaction(s) or exchange(s) or interaction(s) or the passing of information(s) etc. between any STHAL members inter se via e-mail, chat, interaction or any other medium of communication between STHAL members either using website /App or otherwise.
- STHAL has no obligation, to monitor any such disputes arising between the STHAL members, and STHAL shall not be a party to any such dispute/litigation etc.
12. Content Right
- www.Sthalmatrimony.com is a domain registered in the name Sthal Matrimony. You agree that all content of STHAL belongs to excluding your or third party content including advertisement on the Website/App for which STHAL has requisite license/right in terms hereof to display the same on our Website/App.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for the content (mandatory or optional content you provided on our website) and information including the profile details, photograph and other content(s) keyed in the relevant field of the Website/App at the time of the creation of the STHAL profile or subsequently modified by you and also for all the post and communication (including personalized messages sent by STHAL paid members) with other member(s). You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights, title and interest in your content/information or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to provide the said content/information. However, by submitting the content/information to STHAL, you hereby grant STHAL a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, communicate to the public, law enforcement agencies, courts, and the STHAL's business and services, including without limitation for promoting, communicating to the public and redistributing part or all of the content/information (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. STHAL also reserves the right to block the registration of your profile on Website/App, if any, in the case of your contact details/links being entered in irrelevant fields or if there are errors in data entered by the STHAL members in their profile.
- While STHAL does not accept any obligation to monitor the content/information, if the content/information is found not to comply with these Terms, then STHAL may delete the content/information and/or terminate or suspend your registration or (without a refund of any subscription paid by you in terms of clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions). You agree that if the situation warrants STHAL may at its sole discretion put a restriction on any STHAL member to other member’s communications.
- STHAL reserves the right to suspend/delete the profile of the users who appropriate the name, likeness, email address, contact no or other personally identifiable information of another individual and STHAL also reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action against such individual/organization, as and when STHAL get the knowledge of the same.
- STHAL is a brand owned by InscoMont Services Pvt Ltd. Inscomont owns, retains and has complete rights in STHAL and the STHAL Website /App/ STHAL Service.
- Sthal reserves the right to proceed/initiate appropriate steps under the prevailing law against infringement by violators of its proprietary rights or for illegally copying, modifying, publishing, transmitting, distributing, performing, displaying, or selling of any such proprietary information including using it for commercial purpose in any manner whatsoever.
- In the event, we get a complaint against you and consequently we have suspended/deleted your profile in good faith, then we shall not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever, including for any loss, costs, expenses, or consequence, if any.
13. Third-Party website
- The STHAL members agrees and understands that STHAL may also allow third parties to provide STHAL members services on the website/App like horoscope matching etc., and STHAL may also collect the payment for such third party services to you, and STHAL in this regard can have revenue sharing arrangement with such third party, however, in no event shall STHAL be liable to you for such third party services.
- STHAL reserves the right to add/delete/alter/modify/suspend any or all the STHAL Services at any time as it may deem fit, without notice. The STHAL members are expected to see the change on the Website/App.
14. Limitation of liability
- STHAL likes to inform you that the exchange of profile(s) through or by STHAL should not in any way be construed as a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation and / or advice or guarantee given to the STHAL member, from/ or by STHAL.
- STHAL or its Office-bearers shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible to the STHAL member or his/her authorized Representative or Guardian or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages resulting from the use of our Website/App Third Party Website/ STHAL services.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, STHAL's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to STHAL, for any specific STHAL paid package, and no further.
- STHAL will not be liable in case of any wrong match made due to any available data/profiles from the STHAL/’s consortium of websites.
- STHAL or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable if any, STHAL member enters into a financial transaction with any prospect or third party.
- STHAL or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable if any STHAL member’s approaching other STHAL members for the matrimonial alliance, is not responded/reciprocated by the other registered STHAL member(s).
15. Class Action Suits
You and STHAL acknowledge that neither of us will bring or participate in any class action or other class proceeding in connection with any dispute with the other party. Further, neither you nor STHAL agrees to class arbitration.
- The STHAL Website/App shall be deemed to be used by you when it is loaded and/or continues to be loaded in the temporary or permanent memory of your mobile phone, computer or any other device or in the internet browser thereof.
- STHAL website/App act's as an intermediary as defined under sub-clause (w) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- In the event, you file a false complaint against another prospect on our Website /App and consequently, we have suspended/deleted that prospects profile based on your complaint, then we reserve our right to initiate appropriate legal (Civil/Criminal) action against you and claim any costs expenses from you, for such irresponsible/misrepresentation/illegal/unlawful action. We also reserve our right to suspend your profile and forfeit any amounts paid by you for the STHAL services as per clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
17. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, STHAL reserves the absolute right to delete, in any manner as it deems fit, any content of any profile listing placed on STHAL/website/App (once such instance comes to STHAL notice) to ensure compliance with the rules of such placement, prima facie accuracy and the prevailing laws in force, for the time being, especially those relating to providing any obscene, libellous, blasphemous, slanderous, defamatory or invasive of another person’s (deceased or alive) right of privacy or publicity, or that may reasonably be deemed to be harmful, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable to race, religion, creed, nationality, gender or otherwise unfit for reproduction; or suggests or encourages unfair or illegal /indecent, unlawful activity. STHAL also reserves the right to block/delete/suspend the profile which might be offensive, illegal or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of our office bearers/employees (including undue communication with any employee) and/or other registered prospects.
18. In case of conflict between the terms and condition of Website/App and terms and conditions of any other website including consortium of portal of, the terms and condition of STHAL Website/App shall prevail for the service provided through this Website/App.
19. After the expiry of the STHAL paid package, the STHAL member’s profiles shall remain on STHAL/consortium of portals from itself, until the STHAL member intimate the finalization of his/her marriage/existence of the Website and intimates the website for removal/deletion of once profile.
- Your access to and use of the STHAL Services or any content is at your own risk. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE STHAL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, STHAL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. STHAL does not warrant that the Website/App, its servers, or e-mail sent from STHAL are free of viruses or other harmful components. STHAL will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this STHAL Website/App, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- STHAL does not give any implied or explicit guarantee or warranty of marriage or alliance by you choosing to register on our Website/App and using STHAL services (both paid and free).
- You agree to provide us with your Permanent Account Number / Form 60/61 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and rules thereunder in the event you choose any paid package of, the value of such paid package being Rs.2,00,000/- [Rupees Two Lakh Only] and above from.
- Notwithstanding anything contrary contained anywhere, under no circumstances, STHAL shall be held responsible or liable whatsoever or howsoever, arising out of, relating to or connected with:
- any act or omission was done by STHAL//payment gateway/alliance partner etc.;
- any untrue or incorrect information submitted by you or on your behalf;
- any decision taken by you or on your behalf or any consequences thereof, based on any information provided by any other user (including suspension/deletion of the profile from STHAL);
- any unauthorized or illegal act done by any third party relating to or connected with any information submitted by you or on your behalf;
- any cybercrime attempted or committed by anyone and
- any incident of force-majeure or 'act of god'.
- Any issue already stated in these terms and conditions including limitation of liability clause of these terms and conditions.
- Any link to the social media provided through Trust Badge. You also understand and agree that STHAL is not counterchecking or authenticating the veracity of the data/photocopies of documents provided by any STHAL member while giving Trust Badge. STHAL Members are expected to counter check the veracity of the documents submitted by the prospects while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before choosing your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. STHAL does not claim the authenticity or ownership of the home or office address scheduled for an appointment as being the member’s actual or legal place of residence or employment respectively. STHAL Members are requested to exercise due care and caution while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before choosing your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. STHAL will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website/App including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- Using/availing of third party services namely horoscope matching services etc. and for paying them through the Website.
- STHAL shall not be liable for the outcome of during any interaction in a meeting, call, SMS, chat, email or social media posts at any point of time
- Any issues relating to any technical malfunction of any telecommunication network, software, hardware failures, network congestion, denial of service, failure due to spamming or any combination of the above.
- You expressly agree that your use of this Website/App is at your sole risk.
By using our STHAL services you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless STHAL, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, fully indemnified and harmless from any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any person through improper use of the service provided by STHAL. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive in perpetuity.
You agree that if we receive feedback/ complaints against your profile about the facts that you are seeking physical/financial favours from our other registered members or have provided incorrect information on our website/App or committed any unlawful/illegal activities through the use of our website/App or created a profile on our website /App by impersonation/ fake/ bogus/ false/ misrepresentation/ without consent of the person whose profile is being registered or use only part information including using a photo of third parties without the permission of such third parties or act with other members/employees in indecent/improper manner, then we/STHAL in good faith reserve our right to suspend/delete your profile at our sole discretion without any notice to you, we also reserve to stop all STHAL services to you and take any action as mentioned in clause 2 (b) of the Terms and Conditions.
STHAL reserves the right to forthwith terminate your STHALmembership, block/delete your profile and forfeit entire amount paid as membership fee; if at any time STHAL, in its sole discretion, is of the opinion or has any reason to believe that, you have violated these Terms and conditions of use. We also reserve our right to file an appropriate police complaint against you, if the breach of these terms and conditions is/are criminal in nature.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, STHAL membership may be terminated by STHAL / you without assigning any reasons by serving 7 days written notice on the other, all amounts paid till date by you to STHALshall be forfeited.
- Upon termination/suspension of STHAL membership, your right to use or access the STHAL Website/App STHAL services will cease immediately. All provisions of these terms and conditions that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the STHAL Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination.
24. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- The registration of STHAL membership and all STHAL services are deemed to have been entered into within the territorial Jurisdiction of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- The STHAL Members unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences if any shall be governed by the Laws of India and submitted to the exclusive Jurisdiction of appropriate court of law in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- You hereby, unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read terms and conditions and agree to abide by them and the information provided by you is true and correct.
25. Mode of Payment
- Payment made by cash/cheque / Net Banking / Debit / Credit Card would be following the prevailing RBI guidelines. Activation of paid STHAL service shall be subject to the realization of the said payment. In case of dishonour of Cheque/demand draft; you shall be liable to pay applicable bank’s cheque/DD bouncing charges. Further STHAL service to your account will be deactivated/ suspended until you settle the value of the payment and applicable bank charges in cash.
- STHAL uses third party payment gateways for collection of credit/debit card or other payment instruments. In case of payment gateway failure, the same would be communicated to the STHAL member by the payment gateway provider. STHAL shall not be responsible for Extra currency/conversion charges/deductions/error issues from payment gateway. In the case of failed online transactions, which result in no services, STHAL offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts through the payment gateway. You agree to provide us with your Permanent Account Number / Form 60/61 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and rules thereunder in the event you choose any paid package of, the value of such paid package being Rs.2,00,000/- [Rupees Two Lakh Only] and above from .
The payments made by STHAL members to STHAL by way of registration/membership/renewal fee are treated as non-refundable. Payment once made for STHAL services cannot be assigned to any person/party or adjusted towards any other product or packages provided by the Company.
27. Your Mobile network
- You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider ('Mobile Provider') will continue to apply when using the app. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the app or any such third party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- This app is available to handheld mobile devices running the Android Operating System. We will use reasonable efforts to make the app available at all times. However, you acknowledge the app is provided over the internet and mobile networks and so the quality and availability of the app may be affected by factors outside our reasonable control. We reserve the right to add/delete/alter/modify/ suspend any or all the Services at any time as it may deem fit, without notice.
- It is our discretion to update/maintain our app or to remove any features from our app as we may think fit. We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app. We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app.
28. Additional terms and conditions apply to Non- Resident Indian customers.
- Payment: All payments to STHAL shall be by way of Cash/Cheque/Credit/Debit Cards/Netbanking/RTGS/mobile wallets/UPI
- Class Action Suits: You and STHAL acknowledge that neither of us will bring or participate in any class action or other class proceeding in connection with any dispute with the other party. Further, neither you nor STHAL agrees to class arbitration.
- Jurisdiction: The registration of STHAL membership and all STHAL services are deemed to have been entered into within the territorial Jurisdiction of Mumbai, India.
Arbitration of Disputes: The Parties shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. Sthal is always interested in attempting to resolve any Disputes by amicable and informal means, and we encourage you to contact us before resorting to arbitration. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days from the date of such dispute, then such dispute may only be resolved through an individual arbitration conducted under the provisions of The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, by a sole arbitrator.
However, Disputes relating to infringement of STHAL intellectual property rights, which STHAL may elect to have resolved by means other than arbitration. Notwithstanding the above, both the parties agree that in connection with any Dispute, our rights will be determined by an independent arbitrator and not by any Jury, Judge or a Court.
YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE THAT ALL SUCH DISPUTES AND/OR DIFFERENCES WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF INDIA AND SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COMPETENT COURTS IN MUMBAI, INDIA ONLY.
- Enforcement: Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Limitation of the period to Commence a Dispute. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, any Dispute must be filed within one (1) year after the date in which the incident giving rise to the Dispute occurred. Failure to file an arbitration claim as described above within the applicable limitations period constitutes a waiver of such claim and serves as a complete bar to any claim based on any Dispute.
Sthal Safety Tips
Updated on, 8 June 2020
Meeting new people is exciting, but you should always be cautious when interacting with someone you don’t know. Use your best judgment and put your safety first, whether you are exchanging initial messages or meeting in person. While you can’t control the actions of others, there are things you can do to help you stay safe during your matchmaking experience.
- Never Send Money or Share Financial Information: Never send money, especially over cash transfer, even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Transferring money like this is similar to sending cash — it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace where the money went. Never share information that could be used to access your financial accounts. If another user asks you for money, report it to us immediately. For tips on avoiding matrimonial scams, check out some advice from the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal on this website.
- Protect Your Personal Information: Never share personal information, such as your Aadhar/PAN number, home or work address, or details about your daily routine (e.g., that you go to a certain gym every Monday) with people you don’t know. If you are a parent, limit the information that you share about your children on your profile and in early communications. Avoid sharing details such as your children’s names, where they go to school, or their ages or genders.
- Stay on the Platform: Keep conversations on the Sthal platform while you’re getting to know someone. Users with bad intentions often try to move the conversation to text, messaging apps, email, or phone right away.
- Be Wary of Long Distance and Overseas Relationships: Watch out for scammers who claim to be from your country but stuck somewhere else, especially if they ask for financial help to return home. Be wary of anyone who will not meet in person or talk on a phone/video call—they may not be who they say they are. If someone is avoiding your questions or pushing for a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you first — that’s a red flag.
- Report All Suspicious and Offensive Behavior You know when someone’s crossed the line and when they do, we want to know about it. Block and report anyone that violates our terms. Here are some examples of violations:
- Requests for money or donations
- Underage users
- Harassment, threats, and offensive messages
- Inappropriate or harmful behaviour during or after meeting in person
- Fraudulent profiles
- Spam or solicitation including links to commercial websites or attempts to sell products or services
- You can report any concerns about suspicious behaviour from any profile page or messaging window at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Protect Your Account: Be sure not to share your OTP/Password. If you receive an email/message asking for account information, report it immediately.
Millions use online matrimony services to search for a life partner and millions have successfully found their life partner online. There’s no denying that there have been few cases of online fraud but the majority of the stories doing the rounds on social media have been found to be untrue. While we take every possible step to make your search on our site safe, here is a checklist that you should follow to stay a step ahead while looking for that perfect someone on Sthal Matrimony.
- Guard your identity - never reveal all your personal information
- Start slow – Take your own time to judge people
- Watch for warning signs – Is the person trying too hard to convince you, Can a stranger be so good to someone – Is it too good to be true, etc…
- Do reference checks - ensure about your prospective partner before proceeding further
- Be careful about sending pictures to people you do not know well
- Meet when you are ready and always keep your family & friends informed.
- Safety in public - Meet your matches in safe public places only.
- Never share your passwords, bank account details or other personal information online. It could be used by a complete stranger to find out even more.
- Avoid having a conversation with the person on various social platforms. For e.g; Use Sthal Chat to break the ice, instead of outside chat platforms.
- Trust your instincts, avoid any person who makes you uncomfortable.Trust your instincts, avoid any person who makes you uncomfortable.
- Don’t use your personal information as your password and keep it confidential.
- Do not transfer funds or offer financial help to any person you meet while searching for a life partner, no matter what the excuse!